11 October 2012

Thursday morning chills and thrills

This morning, I leaped out of bed. I rushed to my computer. Yep. My fifteenth favorite haunt is happily engrossed in setting unobtainable goals for prizes that only set the stage for further unobtainable goals and objectives. "Drats," I thought, "I fell asleep. Oh No,Time wasted. How much time do I have? I o n l y needed to wait 20 more minutes. Drats!"

Got to my computer and proceeded to do the impossible once again. Serve and cook many dishes that require more stoves than I've got. Crying and kicking the table just don't cut it. In order to get the stoves I need, I have to plot, scheme and stay away from the negativity. Unfortunately, I forget that this particular haunt doesn't have enough servers and we have to wait for proxies halfway around the world, which is fine if most of the players are sleeping. I also forget the fact that rural areas tend to be on the last point for pickup to the more modern and much faster connections city people take for granted.

I forget that this particular haunt likes to cram so much stuff on their site that flash players crash and then telling us that we need to update our flash player to the newest of the new.  Well, newsflash, I use Google Chrome. Rarely do I have problems with Chrome. That makes me confident in my ability to do the impossible at least fifteen times a day.

Well, as soon as I got the next set of goals up and running, I took a quick look at the three timed goals for the Halloween round. Happily, I finished last year's set by New Years and can now collect tricks and treats which I am happy to say, I am 3/4 fourths of the way to getting, having just started yesterday.  Course, this required that I do the spam captcha thingy which fortunately happened to contain letters that I could actually read without needing to dig out my magnifying glasses. Remember, I am one of those who have prescription glasses that I don't use for reading.  Heeehnh.

I finally relaxed enough to realize how chilly it is since Mother Nature's decided to show her winter face early this year. It snowed again last evening. My little toesies were quite warm until this morning when I forgot to put on my nice thick slippers specially made for me by a lady who lives somewhere on the Iron Range. She was slightly unwilling to sell them to me last winter. I had to practically shove the money into her hand in order to get them. After the latest attempt to slow down time, I reached for my usual morning coffee and .... What, I was so busy cooking in the virtual world that I forgot to cook in the real world.